Simplon - The Passenger Ship Website - www.simplonpc.co.uk

Simplon Home - www.simplonpc.co.uk
- Recent Updates - Search Simplon - Copyright Information - Contact Simplon
This website has no connection with any shipping company, cruise line, boat operator or other commercial organisation - There are no postcards for sale on this website




Colliers Launches
Thames River Boats
 
 
This page is devoted to the Thames excusion boat operators Colliers Launches. This is one a of series of Simplon Postcards pages devoted to River Thames Excursion Boats.
To sail on these boats contact: www.thamesriverboats.co.uk - To charter these boats contact: www.collierslaunches.co.uk
 
Colliers undertake sailings from Westminster to Kew, Richmond and Hampton Court as part of Thames River Boats, along with the other vessels Henley, Cockney Sparrow and Kingwood. Colliers Launches, a family of Licensed Waterman, was established in 1975 at Richmond. Initially they supplied vessels to the Greater London Council (GLC), British Rail (BR) and the metropolitan borough for engineering projects on the Thames. The company began with a small 12 seater launch, and now comprises a fleet of four vessels, the largest carrying up to 250 passengers.
 
 
 
Contact:
www.collierslaunches.co.uk - for charters
www.thamesriverboats.co.uk - for Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court services
 
Boats on this Page:-
Bay Queen - Built: 1917 - A.E.Collier: 1983-1986
Fleet Admiral - Built: 19?? - A.E.Collier: 1983-1990
Clifton Castle - Built: 1926 - Colliers Launches: 1985-
Connaught - Built: 1911 - Colliers Launches: 1993-
King Arthur - Built: 1987 - Colliers Launches: 1987-1998
Princess Freda - Built: 1926 - Colliers Launches: 2004-
Queen Elizabeth (3) - Built: 1924 - Colliers Launches: 1996-
Thames Queen - Built: 1939 - Colliers Launches: 1983-1984
 
Thames Passenger Boat Pages:-
River Thames Excursion Boats - Thames Header Page - Full List of Companies
Colliers Launches - Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court services - Thames River Boats
Complete Pleasure Boats - Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court services - Thames River Boats
Ed Langley - Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court services - Thames River Boats
Joseph Mears - Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court services 1907-1945 - passed to Thames Launches
Maynard Launches - Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court services - Thames River Boats
King Cruises - Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court services - Thames River Boats
www.thamesriverboats.co.uk - official website for Westminster-Kew-Hampton Court services
www.collierslaunches.co.uk - official Colliers launches website
 
Associated Pages:-
UK Excursion Ships
Ferry Postcards
Cruise Ship Postcards
Ocean Liner Postcards
Simplon Postcards - Recent Updates
Simplon Postcards - Home Page
 
References:-
Royal River Highway: Written by Frank L. Dix - published David & Charles 1984
Trip Out Guides - Written and published by G.P.Hamer - various editions from 1977 to 2005 consulted
Trip Out Guides are available from Geoffrey Hamer, PO Box 485, Southall, UB1 9BH
 
Search This Website:-

powered by FreeFind  







Colliers Launches
 
Colliers undertake sailings from Westminster to Kew, Richmond and Hampton Court. Colliers Launches, a family of Licensed Waterman was established in 1975. Initially they supplied vessels to the Greater London Council (GLC), British Rail (BR) and the metropolitan borough for engineering projects on the Thames. The company began with a small 12 seater launch, and now comprises a fleet of four vessels, the largest carrying up to 250 passengers.
 
 
Bay Queen
(Built: 1917 - A.E.Collier: 1983-1986)
 
43 ft - ?? grt - 70 passengers
 
To be added






Fleet Admiral
(A.E.Collier: 1983-1990)
 
45 ft - 72 passengers
 
To be added






Thames Queen
(Built: 1939 - Colliers Launches: 1983-1984)
 
60 ft - 139 passengers
 






King Arthur
(Built: 1987 - Colliers Launches: 1989-1998)
 
68 ft - 225 passengers
 
 
King Arthur at Gloucester
Photo: © Robert J Smith
Click to open larger image in new window






Clifton Castle
(Built: 1926 - Colliers Launches: 1985- )
 
80 ft - 67 grt - 248 passengers
 
The Clifton Castle was built in 1926 for the River Dart Steamboat Co. She was involved in the D-Day landings of American troops on to the Normandy beaches in 1944. She joined the Colliers fleet in 1985 and remains in service.
 
 
Postcard of Clifton Castle passing another boat at Kingston-on-Thames
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle on the Thames
Scan: www.riverthames.co.nr
 
 
 
Clifton Castle on the Thames near Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle on the Thames near Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle on the Thames near Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle on the Thames near Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle at Kew Gardens.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle at Kew Gardens.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
Clifton Castle at Kew Gardens.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Clifton Castle of Colliers Launches
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 17th July 2007
Click to open larger image in new window






Connaught
(Built: 1911 - Colliers Launches: 1993- )
 
77grt - 106ft long - 250 passengers
 
Connaught was built in 1911 by Salter Brothers for Joseph Mears of Richmond. After WW2, she was operated by Thames Launches (1947-59), H.G.Hastings (Kingston, 1960-62), Thames Motor Boats (1963-79) and Metcalf & Aldrich.
 
More images of Connaught
 
 
Postcard of Connaught at Teddington Lock, in Thames Launches colours.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Postcard of Connaught at Teddington Lock
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
 
Postcard of Connaught at Richmond
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Connaught at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle in 2001.
 
 
 
Connaught at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Connaught at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Connaught at Westminster.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Connaught at Westminster.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Connaught at Westminster.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Connaught at Westminster.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Connaught near Hampton Court
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 17th July 2007
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Connaught at Hampton Court
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 17th July 2007
Click to open larger image in new window



Connaught arriving at Hampton Court.
Photo: Ian Boyle, 5th May 2010.
Click to open larger image in new window
Connaught arriving at Hampton Court - Photo:  Ian Boyle, 5th May 2010




Connaught arriving at Hampton Court.
Photo: Ian Boyle, 5th May 2010.
Click to open larger image in new window
Connaught at Hampton Court - Photo:  Ian Boyle, 5th May 2010



Connaught arriving at Hampton Court.
Photo: Ian Boyle, 5th May 2010.
Click to open larger image in new window
Connaught at Hampton Court - Photo:  Ian Boyle, 5th May 2010



Connaught saloon.
Photo: Ian Boyle, 5th May 2010.
Click to open larger image in new window
Connaught saloon - Photo:  Ian Boyle, 5th May 2010






Princess Freda
(Built: 1926 - Colliers Launches: 2004- )
 
Length: 63ft - Beam: 13ft - Draft: 3ft 9ins - Displacement: 38 tons - 127 passengers - Engine: Leyland/Thornycroft 402
Princess Freda was built in Cowes by Letchers in 1926 for C.Whatford, who owned her until 1972. She subsequently served with:- Thames MB Co (1972-79), Cliff Phillips (1982-198?) and with Colliers Launches from 2004.
 
 
Princess Freda of Colliers Launches.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 14th June 2006.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda of Colliers Launches.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 14th June 2006.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Kew.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
Princess Freda at Hampton Court.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007.
Click to open larger window in a new window
 
 
 
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth (3)
(Built: 1924 - Colliers Launches: 1996- )
 
Queen Elizabeth (3) was built by Salter Brothers in 1924 for J.Mears. She transferred to Thames Launches in 1947, and was sold to Thames Party Boats in 1978. She is owned by Colliers launches in 2006.
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on a wedding charter
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 23rd May 2008
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on a wedding charter
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 23rd May 2008
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on a wedding charter
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 23rd May 2008
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames
Photo: © Scott Neicho, 2005.
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames
Photo: © Scott Neicho, 2005.
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 24th June 2006.
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 3rd May 2007
Click to open larger image in new window
 
 
 
Queen Elizabeth on the Thames at Richmond.
Photo: © Ian Boyle, 17th July 2007
Click to open larger image in new window






River Thames Header Page
UK Excursion Ships - Ferry Postcards - Cruise Ship Postcards - Ocean Liner Postcards
Top of Page - Simplon Postcards - Recent Updates - Simplon Postcards - Home Page
 
   
Free Web Counter
Times viewed since 12/05/2005: