built in 1899 by Burmeister & Wain, Copenhagen for Bornholm
services. In 1924 she was sold to Swedish America Line, serving
as Borgholm between Östersjön-Göteborg
and Klaipeda-Kalmar. In 1934 she was sold to Østersøen,
and in 1937 she was sold back to Bornholm and was renamed Østersøen
(1). She was broken up in 1953.
built in 1930 by Burmeister & Wain in Copenhagen for Bornholm
services. In 1940 she was sold to Nordenfjeldske D/S, Trondheim,
Norway for Coastal Express (Hurtigruten) services as Ragnvald
Jarl. In February 1956 she was renamed Harald Jarl,
but was sold six months later to Lübeck-Linie AG, Lübeck,
germany as the Nordland. She was rebuilt by Flender-Werft,
Lübeck, after which she could carry 470 passengers (170
berthed) and 35 cars. She operated on a route Travemünde-Copehagen-Helsingborg
until 1959, after which she was used for cruising. In 1970 Nordland
was sold to Carelia Lines of Helsinki, and renamed Suvetar.
She was broken up in Spain in 1970.
built in 1936 by Burmeister & Wain, for the Bornholm company.
She served with them until 1963, when she was bought the Danish
navy and renamed A542Henrik Gerner. She was scrapped
postcard of Hammershus (1) at sea.
postcard Tra.5 of Hammershus (1) in Travemünde.
built in 1940 by Burmeister & Wain, for the Bornholm company.
She served with them as Rotna until 1964, when she was
renamed Hammershus (2). She reverted to the name Rotna
the following year. Rotna was sold to Hamburg owners in
1969, followed by further sale to Barcelona owners the following
(2828grt after 1958) - 85.94m long (93.87 after 1958) - 1500
passengers - 15.2 knots
Kongedybet was built in 1952 by
Burmeister & Wain, for the Bornholm company. She was rebuilt
in 1958, which increased length and tonnage. In 1979, Kongedybet
was sold to Chinese owners and served as Bao Feng and
Ding Ho until she was broken up in 1996.
postcard of Kongedybet as built.
Olsen postcard 134 of Kongedybet as built.
postcard of Kongedybet after rebuilding (note additional
postcard of Kongedybet as rebuilt.
Feng whilst being refitted in Helsingør in 1979.
Østersøen was built in 1954 by
Svendborg Værft, Svendborg for the Bornholm company, entering
service between Simrishamn-Alinge. In 1960 she was lengthened
by 7 metres. In 1962 Østersøen was chartered
to Skagenlinjen Rederi Ab, Göteborg, (Sten A Olsson) for
service between Göteborg-Skagen. Østersøen
was sold to Cypriot owners in 1973 as the Roana. She was broken
up in 1995.
built in 1961 by Burmeister & Wain, for the Bornholm company,
entering service between Copenhagen-Rønne. In 1963 she
was chartered for a round trip from Southampton to Tristan da
Cunha. In 1965 and 1969 Bornholm was rebuilt to increase
accommodation, berths rising from 333 to 493. she was replaced
in 1978 by the Povl
and sold to Chinese owners. She served in the Far East as Min
Zhu and Pu Tuo Shan, until broken up in 2001.
postcard of Bornholm (3) as built.
postcard 1662 of the 1966 fleet, with Bornholm (3) in